Foodie Theme: Setting up the Collection Pages
On this page:
Collection pages show groups of products, sometimes referred to as categories. In Shopify a collection would be a category, you can create, edit and organize your collections from the main Shopify admin by going to Shopify Admin > Products > Collections. Within the theme editor, there are also options on which content is shown on the collections page and the order of that content.
To edit the collection page settings, from the theme editor go to the template picker and choose Collection pages.
- Banner image height: Set the height of the collection banner image. Learn how to add a banner image to your collections here.
- Products per page: Shopify has a limit of 50 products per page which must be respected. The theme allows options to choose how many products per page before a pagination menu linking to pages 2, 3, 4, etc. will show at the bottom of a collection page.
- Product per row: Choose your layout to show 2, 3, or 4 products per row.
*Note - This will default to 2 products per row on mobile.
- Sort by: Add a Sort By block to show the Sort By dropdown and allow customers to sort by price, alphabetical, etc.
- Tag group filter: Add a Tag Group Filter block to allow customers to sort products by tags. The "Tag group heading" will show as a button and when clicked it will show all the tags you list in the "Filter tags" setting inside that Tag Group Filter block. Note: If the products in the collection are not tagged (exactly as typed, case sensitive) with the tags in the setting then the tags will not show in the group.
- Image w/text: This block is used in many places across the site. It will always show up below the collection grid, no matter the block order.